Board of Trustees
The Children’s Beach House (CBH) board of trustees is comprised of a maximum of 35 volunteers, who have responsibility for striving to reach the following goals:
- Protect our founder’s mission and ensure that it is effectively pursued
- Identify community needs and set the parameters for the “target population,” based on an understanding of current trends
- Determine the medium- and long-term outcomes for the children and families we serve
- Promote the advancement of the organization through the development of a strategic plan that enhances programmatic, human, financial, and facility resources
- To limit the annual financial investment (i.e., the budget) of the organization
- Concern themselves with their own development as trustees
- Assess the performance of the executive director annually
Each member of CBH board of trustees annually discloses any conflicts of interest that may arise. Each board member is required to serve actively on at least one event or board committee, to participate in a majority of board meetings, to make a meaningful financial contribution to CBH each year, and to participate in the annual appeal or special event efforts.
The board of trustees actively addresses its own development through the Committee on Trustees, which coordinates board training opportunities at least twice each year: once at the annual board retreat in January, and once at another regular board meeting.
- Mary M. Culley, Esq., President
- Alexandra Ergon, CFA, Vice President
- Michael J. Hogan, Treasurer
- Constance Marshall Miller, Assistant Treasurer
- Linda Marshall Fischer, Secretary
- Raymond F. Book, III, CPA
- Ellison M. Carey
- Eileen S. Clark
- Karen B. Falk
- Alexis duPont Gahagan
- Katherine duPont Gahagan
- Barry Goodinson
- Sarah I. Gore
- Jean T. Hitchens
- Ilona E. Holland, Ed. D.
- Paula S. Janssen
- D. Preston Lee, Jr.
- Elyse F. Moore
- Robert E. Perri, Jr.
- Bernadette Polinski
- Thomas F. Sheridan
- Timothy J. Suchanick
- David A. White, Esq.